Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 11:55 PM
The job of the Restaurant Server at the Pub is to provide incredible service by working to promote and sell items by sharing knowledge about our menu and beverage offerings; Servers practice suggestive selling techniques to assist guests in choosing items for their meal. In addition, Restaurant Servers assist in supporting restaurant operations as by demonstrating exceptional people skills, food & beverage knowledge and service techniques.
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Customer Service
- Provide incredible guest service by creating a positive and energetic atmosphere at every table; serving guests in a courteous, attentive and efficient manner when maintaining tables, placing orders and collecting payments
- Provide guests with a reason to return to the restaurant by building rapport and maintaining their tables to ensure they are receiving the best possible service and experience during their visit
- Learn and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the culinary and beverage offerings; being able talk about menu items with guests in a manner that creates interest and enthusiasm while promoting offerings by utilizing suggestive selling techniques
- Continue to study menu changes and attend beverage classes whenever possible to continue to grow food and beverage knowledge; successfully complete knowledge certifications as necessary
- Follow regulations for checking guest identification to ensure legal drinking age and no alcohol is being served to anyone under 21 years of age
- Ensure guests are served alcohol beverages responsibly and monitor the consumption accordingly while ensuring they are provided with a positive experience and a reason to return
- Learn about special events and general restaurant operations to provide support and perform additional tasks as needed
Ensuring High Quality Products & Ingredients
- Prepare the dining, bar and event areas for service with exceptional attention to detail; ensuring all areas are clean, organized and well-stocked
People (Who We Are)
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
- Work includes continuous walking, standing for prolonged periods of time without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, frequent lifting and carrying, and occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. Work includes forceful gripping as well as awkward and forceful postures of the wrist. Work may include frequent stair climbing. Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes. The average weight range of items lifted is 10-20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 40 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed.
Associated topics: anfitri?na, anfitri?n, banquet server, host, hostess, restaurant server, server, server camarero, servidor de banquetes, waiter
• Location: Allentown
• Post ID: 63232262 allentown