The Housekeeping Supervisor role has a dual focus. The first focus is the daily management of the housekeeping staff, which includes hiring, training, scheduling, evaluation of staff, and oversight of housekeeping operation; second, to perform routine housekeeping tasks as a housekeeper would. This is accomplished by normally spending 40% of the time supervising, and 60% of the time performing housekeeping tasks.
Routine Functions of the Position:
- Responsible for daily oversight of the housekeeping operation/staff to ensure a proper level of sanitation is maintained, and the facility maintains a positive appearance/image to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for interviewing/hiring of housekeeping staff.
- Responsible for mentoring/training housekeepers and other staff on the proper housekeeping procedures related to cleaning resident apartments and common areas.
- Responsible for maintaining the work schedules of entire housekeeping staff to ensure proper coverage.
- Responsible for conducting evaluations of the housekeeping staff s job performance.
- Responsible for inventory management of all cleaning & linen supplies and preparation of linens.
- Vacuums and dusts all living areas of resident units. Changes linens/makes beds. Removes trash in all units.
- Thoroughly cleans and disinfects all resident bathroom surfaces using approved products.
- Vacuums and dusts all common and office areas. Removes trash from all common and office areas. Cleans and disinfects all bathrooms for public and co-worker use using approved products only.
- Checks and cleans, if needed, laundry room, service kitchen, activity room, dining room.
- Maintains and protects resident and co-worker confidentiality.
- Encourages resident participation in activities within facility.
- Recognizes and respects residents rights.
- Recognizes and reports fire/safety hazards in building. Reports maintenance needs promptly. Takes all appropriate safety precautions to minimize risk of injury to resident, self, and other co-workers.
- Participates in continuing education programs to promote self-development and contributes to the development of the team by helping new co-workers learn job tasks and responsibilities
- Practices responsible teamwork as evidenced by participation in facility meetings, commitment to workgroup s efforts to improve operations or resolve problems, and a willingness to lend assistance to other facility and campus co-workers.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned or as necessary.
Critical Success Factors:
- Exhibits the ability to effectively communicate with the administrative team to coordinate/facilitate daily housekeeping services as well as extra housekeeping support for special campus events.
- Needs to be self-supervising/motivating.
- Must be a good listener, mediator, and empathetic.
- Demonstrated skill in interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating.
- Willing to be part of a team, and relay team concepts to all dietary staff and other co-workers.
- Knowledge of housekeeping operations.
- Commitment to confidentiality that pertains to both resident and co-worker information. Relates personal information only to appropriate supervisory workers for action or attention.
- Approaches work with a flexible attitude. Can change course of activity with changing resident/campus demands without experiencing undue stress or frustration.
• Post ID: 37311188 allentown