Intel Fabric Development Organization is seeking a college graduate engineer to join the Mechanical Design team in our design center. The engineer will be involved in all aspects of the design, prototype and documentation phases of product development with special focus on thermal management of high powered electronic assemblies. Our products are state of the art, high performance, high reliability, cost effective Fabric Platforms used in High Performance Computing HPC industry. HPC systems are used today to help solve some of the world's most challenging scientific needs, including fusion energy, bio-medical research, physics, as well as traditional engineering, such as aeronautic and automotive engineering.
Key tasks include:
- Work with mechanical, electrical, thermal, and other engineering disciplines to develop platform/module/board level electronic packaging insuring components operate within the required thermal envelop.
- Research and develop unique thermal solutions including board level through Data Center level applications.
- Develop mechanical systems and infrastructure components for Fabric Platform products.
- Evaluate prototypes, perform product validation testing. Interface with Operations organization and with suppliers.
- Develop product/module design specifications and other documentation.
- Direct support personnel in preparation of detail design, testing and prototype fabrication.
- Support product qualification, compliance and regulatory testing.
Candidate should be comfortable with hands on work in a lab environment.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
• Candidate must possess a Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Thermodynamics bias or any other related fields.
• 3 months of experience or equivalent course work in the following fields:
• ProEngineer/Creo or equivalent 3D modeling software.
• CFD thermal analysis tools
• Microsoft Office Tools
• Must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States.
• Experience in:
• Mechanical design, structural analysis, and empirical methods.
• Electronic Packaging design.
• Thermal design of electronic components and assemblies.
• Testing electronic assemblies.
• Knowledge of techniques used for EMI suppression in electronics.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1120621/Mechanical-Design-Engineer-Thermal-Management/
• Post ID: 37159535 allentown